Invitation from Race Organizers:
Preparations have begun for the St. George Marathon taking place on Saturday October 1, 2016. This year marks the 40th running of the marathon and there will be more than 7500 runners participating from across the country and world. The St. George Marathon has been listed as a “Top 20 Marathon in the USA” by Runner’s World Magazine and is a Boston Marathon qualifying race. We would like to extend an invitation to the members of AMTA to volunteer their time and talents. The marathon provides a great opportunity for massage therapists to provide post event massage on the attending athletes as well as network and work alongside other massage therapists from the region.
We are providing volunteers with the following:
- The St. George Recreation Center will be open to volunteers as a place to sleep, shower, and store equipment*
- Shower curtains for use on your massage table
- Disinfectant wipes to sanitize your tables
- Hand sanitizer
- Pizza dinner on Friday night
- Volunteer shirt
- Limited Reimbursement for Travel Expense may be offered. Documentation must be submitted for review and approval.
*Volunteers will need to bring their own sleeping bag, mat, toiletries and towels
For more information please call Dave Hunter at 801-450-5466 or visit the St. George Marathon volunteer website
Click on volunteer information and register. This information is forwarded to the massage tent captain so that more details can be distributed as the marathon nears.
Looking forward to your participation
Dave Hunter LMT
St George Marathon Team Captain